LEARN :: FUEL :: PERFORM
Heïdi Boilard, MSc, RD
Hi I’m Heïdi! Welcome to my website!
I’m a Sports Dietitian passionate about performance nutrition, food and inspiring others lead healthier lives!
I completed a Bachelor of Arts with Major in Psychology and Minor in Theatre, an Honours Bachelor of Nutrition Sciences, and a Master of Science Human Kinetics from the University of Ottawa. My academic background in sports and nutrition has shaped my practice to be evidence-based. With my experience as a personal trainer and a provincial level figure skater, I understand the importance of adopting a non-dieting, sustainable and food first approach when nourishing the body to achieve peak performance results.
Over the last decade, I facilitated multiple sports nutrition workshops/presentations and worked with a wide spectrum of sports including figure skating, crossfit, soccer, swimming, hockey, rowing, basketball, volleyball, track and field, football, rugby and gymnastics. Besides educating individuals in a sporting setting, I was fortunate to provide in-class education within the Programme Aide en alimentation at La Cité and the Fitness and Health Promotion Program at Algonquin College in Ottawa, Ontario.
In addition to my love for sports nutrition, I also specialize in disordered eating/eating disorders. I gained experience in this field while working at Imavi, an eating disorder clinic based in Gatineau, Quebec. Through my own struggles with food, I was able to redefine my own definition of health. I believe that fostering a positive relationship with food is an important component of health and sport performance. Athletes are more at risk at developing disordered eating/eating disorders due to the nature of body stereotypes in sports and I am very passionate to dilute hurtful messaging around food and body in sports. Food is nourishment and helps active individuals and athletes perform at a higher level whether in sports or life, but it is also meant to be enjoyed.
In my current role as a Nutrition Advisor at the Department of National Defence, I establish nutrition policies for the Canadian Armed Forces. I’m also the Lead Performance Dietitian at the University of Ottawa where I provide support in high performance nutrition to uOttawa Gee-Gees.
Whether you are an athlete or someone who enjoys an active lifestyle, I hope you can find inspiration on my website to fuel your health and athletic performance!
- Bachelor in Arts with a Major in Psychology and Minor in Theatre (University of Ottawa)
- Honors Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Sciences (University of Ottawa)
- Master of Science Human Kinetics (University of Ottawa)
- Level 1, ISAK Qualified Anthropometrist
- Motivational Interviewing Certification
- Eating Disorder Education for Registered Dietitians Certification
- Personal Training Specialist
- Fluently bilingual in English and French
- Dietetic internship accredited by Dietitians of Canada
- College of Dietitians of Ontario member
- Ordre professionnelle des diététistes du Québec member
- Dietitians of Canada member
On a personal note…
- I grew up in the Moose Capital, Hearst ON, where the closest airport is a 3-hour drive;
- Our cat Arnold is named after the famous Arnold Schwarzenegger;
- I am energetic and enjoy practicing some ‘ninja kicks’ on my husband to make him laugh; and
- At one point thought I was destined to become an actress (#true).